– 1-1.5lb chicken
– 2 medium Onions
– 3 big Green Chillies, chopped
– 1/2 inch Ginger, chopped
– 1/4 cup Coconut grated
– 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
– 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
– 1/2 tsp Cumin seed powder
– 1 tsp Saunf
– Garam masala
– 1 tsp (cloves – 1, cinnamon stick – 1, bay leaf – 1)
– Salt to taste
– 4 tsp Oil
– 2 tbsp Coriander leaves
– Grind the ginger, saunf and green chillies with half the onions (with little water) and set aside.
– Grind the grated coconut with some water and set aside.
– In a pan, heat oil and add the garam masala items and then the rest of the onions.
– Saute the onions for a while. Then, add the chillies-ginger-onion paste and saute.
– Then, add the turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin seed powder and salt.
– Fry this mixture for a while maybe adding a little bit of water.
– Then, add the chicken pieces and some water and cover the pan with a lid and allow to cook for 1/2 hr – 1 hour (or until chicken is done).
– When the chicken is cooked, stir in the coconut paste with some water and bring to a boil.
– Add the coriander leaves for garnish.
– Goes well with rice and rotis.